AutoGas Vehicle ConversionPropane Direct Injection Vehicle Conversions by ICOM North America
Benefits of AutoGasWith the price of fuel, propane car conversions are a popular alternative to high prices at the gas pump. Propane is a viable alternative fuel option since it has been used as a commercial motor fuel for more than 80 years.
Propane powered engines are cleaner burning resulting in 10 to 15 percent less carbon dioxide, 20 percent less carbon monoxide and 50 to 60 percent less hydrocarbon and nitric oxide emmissions.
Not only will your tailpipe emissions be miniscule, but your engine motor oil will virtually have zero by-products of combustion (carbon particulates and acids). Bottom line is your propane vehicle will have longer oil change intervals and an extended engine life.
Alternative Fuel Links
ICOM Direct Injection Design
JTG-II Bi-Fuel System
- The JTG II system is 'plug-n-play' - the fuel tank, fuel rails and hoses are preassembled.
- No need to alter OEM ECU in any way.
- Propane injectors calibrated to match gasoline injectors in amount of energy delivered with fuel.
- Complete standard OBDII factory diagnostics.
- Propane injection system not affected by temperature changes.
- No cutting, splicing nor soldering required. Only three electrical connections needed to operate the JTG II system: two to the battery for power and one to the factory fuel injector wire harness.
JTG II MultiValve
- The advanced JTG MultiValve with integrated fuel pump.
- Developed and patented by ICOM for improved serviceability - no need to depressurize fuel tank to access fuel pump.